Ronald McDonald House Charities Alberta, Society (RMHC Alberta) respects your right to privacy.
All employees and volunteers of RMHC Alberta are required to comply with privacy policies designed to protect the confidentiality of your personal information. Our staff and volunteers are authorized to access personal information based only on their need to deal with the information for the reason(s) for which it was obtained. We safeguard your personal information appropriate to the sensitivity required –and we do not share your private information more widely than necessary.
We collect and use personal information with your knowledge and consent for the following purposes:
Families and Visitors:
- Determine a family member’s needs and eligibility to stay at a Ronald McDonald House in Alberta;
- Meet their needs during their stay;
- Consult with health care professionals as necessary to provide services;
- Arrange for and receive any payments;
- Provide follow-up support as required;
- Keep them informed about programs, services, special events and opportunities to volunteer or give;
- Effectively administer services of RMHC Alberta and its policies.
Financial Donors, Event Participants, and Sponsors:
- Thank them for their financial support;
- Maintain tax records as required by law;
- Send out charitable donation receipts;
- Establish and maintain donor relationships;
- Keep them informed about programs, services, special events, and opportunities to volunteer or give;
- Respond to a request made by a lawful authority or for other purposes required by law.
We do not rent, sell, or trade our mailing or electronic mailing lists.
You may withdraw your permission to collect, use, and disclose your personal information at any time, subject to legal and contractual restrictions and with reasonable notice.